Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mikitty Official Blog: 2009-04-25 19:00:00

Bath-house

My Mamatty loves bath-houses and onsens and the like ★


So !
Since there's not really any bath-houses near my home in Tokyo
On the internet

We searched for "bath-houses"
音譜


Then we encountered the name of a place that seemed right , so キララ

Without delay, Mamatty and I drove to the place together to confirm
aya





But
That place was !! !!





An old folks' home
絵文字



Guess we'll have to press on and try again ショック 笑



Translation Notes:
- This is fairly obvious, and it's not unknown information, but...Mamatty is the name Miki uses to refer to her mom. XD Totally adorable. <3
- Thanks to jantzeeee for confirmation on the last line.

Original entry here.

2 comments:

jantzeeee said...

As far as 探しなおさなくちゃ, I think what you wrote is actually more or less the right meaning :)

探す: "to look for"
It's conjugated to 探し to attach another verb to the end, in this case, 直す (なおす).
直す: "to fix"/"correct"/"change" etc.
As the second verb in a compound verb, it's similar to adding the prefix "re-" in English (as in, "redo" (やり直す), "rewrite" (書き直す), etc.)
...so 探しなおす is basically to "re-look for" or "search again and this time do a better job of it"

And finally, ~なくちゃ is a contracted form of ~なくてはいけない "have to ~"/"need to~"/"had better ~" (It's the same meaning as ~なきゃ/~なければならない)

I hope my explanation makes sense ^^

Zac said...

Oh, good! XD

That's kind of the logic I followed, but I still wasn't 100% on it.

Thanks for the confirmation! :)