Friday, April 24, 2009

Mikitty Official Blog: 2009-04-24 21:31:13

Today's Food

For today's food, I went to a pub heart



First up


Of course, salad !

Daikon salad
にこ




Then !

Mocchiri potato
ハート



This was my first time eating it, but it was really delicious
ニッコリハート


Next !

A sashimi sampler スマイル!!!




Followed by my beloved tsubukai sashimi ワクワク ed






And then ! I ate kimchi fried rice but forgot to take a picture gfd gfd


I was doing so well until then はぁ・・・





And, lastly


Iced creme brulee






Maybe





I'm guilty of gluttony 笑い ハート
Translation Notes:
- All kinds of food here that I wasn't really familiar with...
- Mocchiri Potato: Some kind of mashed potato ball thing with cheese, mustard mayonaisse, salt, pepper, and potato starch mixed in, then lightly browned (according to this recipe, anyway).
- Tsukubai Sashimi: Tsukubai is a shellfish of some kind, and surely you all know what sashimi is. XD
- Iced Creme Brulee: Check the comments for an explanation, once again courtesy of H!P46. :P

Original entry here.

3 comments:

LazyMan1 said...

yum

H!P46 said...

アイスブリュレ is frozen (iced) créme brulée. It's just an ordinary créme brulée but you put it in a freezer for 6 hours instead of an oven for 30 minutes. The top (of both créme brulée and アイスブリュレ) is sprinkled with caster sugar and caramelised with a mini-blowtorch.

As créme brulée is mostly cream, it goes like ice cream when frozen. However, if you've never tried making ice cream, you have to stir it every now and again or you get small ice crystals. I don't know whether アイスブリュレ suffers the same thing because it has eggs in it and has been cooked. My guess is that it does, but not quite as severely.

Zac said...

Thanks for the explanation...I kind of figured it was something like that, haha. You'll be credited in the translation notes, as always. XD