Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mikitty Official Blog: 2009-04-21 23:08:45

With Marie-chan ☆☆☆

Shougeki! One Phrase


Recording finished にひひ キラキラ


It was really, reeeeeeeally fun ニコニコ キラキラ ニコニコ




With Marie-chan ニコニコ ドキドキ








Marie-chan...
Has good style !!
And is cute !!
And she's my junior, but nonetheless sexy ラブラブ!


That kind of Marie-chan...












"Boogie Train '03 is my karaoke specialty"

She said ショック! ショック! ショック! ショック! ショック!


Singing my solo single from 7 years ago so well ニコニコ キラキラ

I'm just delighted to death ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ ニコニコ

Translation Notes:
- This isn't really necessary information to understand the entry, but it's kind of interesting, so I'll go ahead and put it here. Apparently, when talking about karaoke, the term "18番" (juuhachi-ban, "#18" or "18th" literally) is used to refer to the song you're best at singing (thanks to H!P46 for the correction on that). I was completely baffled by that when I encountered it in Miki's entry, so I did some research to find out what it meant...and, in the process, I also found out that it relates somehow to Kabuki theater - a famous Kabuki writer who wrote 18 very successful plays, or something to that effect. I guess the phrase came into use in that time period and just kind of stuck around up through today (much like many other things in Japan :P). My information here may not be entirely accurate, since I just did some quick poking around in Google search results (I've got homework to get done...can't spend forever researching karaoke terminology on the internet :P), but I'm fairly confident that I've got the general idea right. XD
- Also, this is the second time Miki has talked about how attractive she thinks a girl is...and they've both been girls who obviously aren't very Japanese looking...maybe Miki has a thing for gaijin girls? XDDDD

Original entry here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you're right, Miki got a thing for gaijin girls...i wonder if Ayaya would be jealous if she knows about this...heheheh...

Kreuz said...

Wait... Marie is younger than Miki?! 0.0

H!P46 said...

Somebody's 18番 is more what they are good at than their favourite. It's possible they could be the same thing but not necessarily so.
"My karaoke speciality is Boogie Train '03"

Zac said...

Ah...so I was close, haha. Honestly, I was lucky to even find out that much...had to sift my way through Japanese results for "カラオケの18番” to learn what little I posted here originally. :P

Thanks again!

H!P46 said...

Japanese Wikipedia has variations of the etymology. :P

Zac said...

Well what do you know, there it is. I'll keep that in mind next time I encounter something I don't understand in one of Miki's blog entries.

Thanks again...again. XD
- Zac