Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mikitty Official Blog: 2009-05-02 22:26:44

Food

This is what today's food was like キラキラ


Tadaaa
!! !!





Hair crab にっこちゃん

Come to think of it, I haven't eaten crab in a while...but it's delicious ぶひ おんぷ



Next





Tuna's cheek meat おんぷ









Zangi ぺこ
(karaage, ya know) lol









Fried prawns おんぷ
I love prawns じゅる・・



Aside from this, I also ate キャハハ キラキラ
My beloved tsubukai sashimi アップ




Thanks for the food ニコちゃん

Translation Notes:
- Seems that zangi is a Hokkaidou dish which is essentially the same thing as karaage (basically just deep-fried pieces of chicken, although it can be other types of meat as well). Zangi is typically larger than karaage. Thanks to jantzeeee for help with this one (check out the comments for some more details about zangi/karaage).
- Miki already mentioned tsubukai in her blog once before (see this entry). It's a type of shellfish, and it looks like this before being prepared.

Original entry here.

4 comments:

jantzeeee said...

For the (からあげネ)笑 line...

Karaage is basically deep-fried pieces of chicken (although it can be other meats instead, unqualified it generally refers chicken).

I wasn't familiar with "zangi" (not up on my Hokkaido food terminology, I guess XD), but looking it up -- basically I googled "zangi Hokkaido" in English and Japanese -- it actually seems to be basically the same as karaage -- with some regional variation (zangi is larger than typical karaage elsewhere, has a different kind of sauce, etc.).

(At least one site I looked at seemed to say that it could also refer to a seafood dish (i.e. 'tako no zangi' or 'sake no zangi' for "deep-fried octopus/salmon" ...but I couldn't seem to find anything that mentioned both chicken and seafood fried together...)

So, anyway -- ^^; -- I think basically what she's saying there is that she had zangi, and then giving the non-Hokkaido equivalent in parentheses for people:
"Zangi (karaage, y'know) lol"
or
"Zangi (it's karaage, y'know) lol"

Zac said...

Oh, thanks. XD

I got the chicken/seafood together idea because I was looking at the Japanese wikipedia's info on zangi (here) and misread 'isshu' as 'issho' (thank Rikaichan, as I've said about some of my other mistakes on here :P)...hence thinking 'together' instead of 'type'. :P

Obviously I'm still learning. XD

jantzeeee said...

Ah, yeah, and I can see how that sentence in the Japanese Wiki article could be a bit confusing anyway.

You are doing an awesome job with this though~

Zac said...

haha, thanks XD