Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mikitty Official Blog: 2009-05-05 20:12:46

Mamatty Meal.

Today, Mamatty made Horumon Nabe for me 顔 アップ ハート












As I thought, meat's the best ハート



But my parents' home - or should I say, grandma's home - is a yakiniku restaurant, so へぇー ハート



I ドキドキ YAKINIKU






Also, I don't really like Japanese pickled vegetables あせる




But I love spring cabbage
キャハハ


So Mamatty found me some Japanese pickled spring cabbage
キティちゃん キラキラ












It was super~ delicious, so I ate it all じゅる・・ キラキラ



Thank you Mamatty ラブラブ

Translation Notes:
- Horumon Nabe is nabe made with the pieces of meat that are normally discarded - intestines and so forth. The name horumon is rumored to come from the phrase 'horu mono' which means 'things that are thrown away' in Osaka dialect. (taken from here)
- Check the comments for some info on the restaurant Miki's grandma owns, courtesy of H!P46.

Original entry here.

2 comments:

H!P46 said...

It is (or at least was) well known amongst Japanese fans that Miki's grandmother really does own a yakiniku restaurant called 食道園 (shokudouen), a restaurant that sounds better in Japanese than its English translation "Gullet Garden"! According to the two-star review on this page, there would be an influx of customers at the time of Morning Musume concerts in Sapporo but typically it's dead although that's to be expected in a place like Takikawa which is not as... afluent as other cities in Japan. It's a stone's throw from Takikawa station if you ever go that way though so you could go there for a meal then jump straight back on the train to Sapporo. XD

Zac said...

Oh, awesome XD

Thanks for the info, as always. I'll add a note to the entry pointing readers to your comment.